The aim of the project is to analyze the relationship between non-economic factors and the intentions of the Lithuanian population to emigrate, and to develop methodics for Lithuanian municipalities to reduce emigration.
Six interrelated activities will be implemented:
1. to develop the theoretical background of non-economic factors and design qualitative and quantitative data collection tools.
2. to administer a representative survey of the Lithuanian population along with interviews and focus groups in selected municipalities.
3. to analyze the empirical data and identify the relationship between non-economic factors and emigration intentions of the Lithuanian population.
4. to collect and systemize existing non-economic emigration reduction practices in Lithuanian municipalities.
5. to design a training methodology for municipalities for emigration reduction.
6. to test the methodology by providing training seminars for municipal employees.
This research project is funded by the European Social Fund according to the 2014–2020 Operational Programme for the European Union Funds’ Investments under measure’s No. 09.3.3-LMT-K-712 activity “Improvement of Researchers’ Qualification by Implementing World-class R&D Projects”.
Planned project results include:
– A monograph;
– Four academic articles, published in journals that have a citation index in Web of Science or Scopus databases;
– Seven presentations in international academic conferences;
– Four articles in popular media to promote the project findings;
– One academic conference for scholars, government representatives at the national and local levels of government, and other stakeholders.
Results also include: Instruments of qualitative and quantitative data collection, Electronic databases of qualitative and quantitative data, Electronic database of existing non-economic practices within Lithuanian municipalities for emigration reduction.
Additionally, the team will prepare a training methodology for Lithuanian municipalities to reduce emigration, based on non-economic strategies, and conduct eight training seminars to municipal employees.
Period of project implementation: 2018-10-02 - 2021-12-31
Project coordinator: Kaunas University of Technology