Activities of KTU Municipal Training Centre are well known not only in Lithuania but also abroad. Foreign countries and international organisations recognise and appreciate the Centre’s developed training programmes, its educated professionals of various fields who have knowledge and organisational experience in strengthening self-government and civil societies, and improving qualifications of civil servants.
The Centre maintains close relations, initiates and implements joint projects with civil servants training centres and municipal institutions from EU, USA and other countries. It also presents the positive Lithuanian experience and latest changes in public administration area to representatives of municipalities and local communities from Lithuania and foreign countries.
The Centre organises study visits and training programmes in Lithuania for the representatives of local and central governments and communities from European and Central Asian countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Tajikistan, The Russian Federation).
The Centre has implemented projects in collaboration with:
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- The National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- The Academy for Educational Development (AED)
- The Local Government Initiative (LGI)
- The Nordic Council of Ministers
- The World Bank
- The Council of Europe
- The European Commission
- a number of other international organisations and Lithuanian central and local government institutions
The Centre prepares and participates in the public administration capacity-building projects and provides services of:
- preparing applications for funding from national, EU and other international funds
- project management and consulting