The aim of this project is to improve data analysis competence of SSH students, scientists and other researchers, and to increase the ability of Lithuanian scientists and other researchers to conduct research of high quality, improving and extending the infrastructure of access to primary SSH research data resources and developing international level primary data resources for the SSH
European Union Structural funds
Main results of the project:
1. 9 national training sessions organized for Lithuanian students, scientists and other researchers on quantitative and qualitative methods of SSH data analysis; 2 specialized international data confrontation seminars organized for Lithuanian students, scientists and other researchers which were conducted by foreign experts; 155 scientists and other researchers and 110 students trained at the seminars; training materials on quantitative and qualitative methods for SSH data analysis published on the LiDA portal (www.lidata.eu/index.php?file=files/mokymai/mokymo_medziaga.html).
2. Methodological training materials Applied Regression Analysis in Social Research developed and published on the LiDA Portal (www.lidata.eu/index.php?file=files/mokymai/mokymo_medziaga.html); textbook Qualitative Comparative Analysis prepared and published.
3. LiDA portal www.lidata.eu updated; existing infrastructure for quantitative SSH data (surveys) archiving and dissemination (www.lidata.eu/QUANT) updated; 102 new survey data sets published.
4. Infrastructure for archiving and dissemination of historical data developed (www.lidata.eu/HISTAT); prototypes of data archiving and dissemination infrastructures for qualitative SSH data and data on Lithuanian political system developed.
5. Round 4 of the European Social Survey (ESS) has been finalized and Round 5 of the ESS fully implemented in Lithuania; the collected data published on the ESS Data Archive (www.europeansocialsurvey.org/data) and the LiDA portal (www.lidata.eu/index_browse_sername.php).
6. Feasibility studies for the joining the International Social Survey Program (ISSP) and the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) conducted.
Period of project implementation: 2009-06-01 - 2012-11-14
Project coordinator: Kaunas University of Technology